Saturday, September 3, 2011

Time to Live

It's a three day weekend. I only get these a few times a year and I crave them. I feel like there is so much time that I can conquer anything! I have this upbeat, positive energy flowing through my body, my brain is whizzing around at 100mph, and I feel like I have everything I need at my fingertips. What to do? Where to begin? 


I like to take time out for the things that I love. I love writing. Too often we're too busy with our "lives" to really live life the way we're meant to. I'll admit, I'm guilty of this crime. We are really selling ourselves short unintentionally. If we aren't doing the things that we love, the things that truly make us happy, what are we doing? We are simply going through the motions of the life we think we are supposed to live. 


This weekend I'm trying to forget silly worries and focus on accomplishing things that I want. This is my three day weekend. 


Harvey (my dog) is so curious about the world around him and he loves to soak it up. Earlier today I was sitting in bed checking my daily websites, trying to decide what I wanted to do next. He jumped off the bed (after nudging me multiple times), stared at me, and then started crying. I opened some blinds for him. He loves leaning on the couch, staring longingly out the window. But that excitement only lasted so long before he wanted more. He told me he needed to go outside. So we moved from the bed to the patio out back. I grabbed the laptop and as I sit here I can really revel in the beauty of the outdoors. My small backyard in South Kansas City isn't ideal, but it's still beautiful. The weather is amazing. My fence line is surrounded by trees and overgrown vines. Their long arms are blowing gently in the wind and that same breeze plays with my hair and tickles my legs. There's a beautiful sunny glow breaking through and gently touching the grass. I hear the buzz of the summer cicadas and a cawing bird somewhere in the distance. Harvey gets it. He knows that being outside is the most wonderful feeling. He stands still and stares at the beauty around him. I look at him and feel it too. This is relaxing. There's nothing like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment