Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Where are you Summer?

Apparently fall is officially here. Le sigh. 


I love summer. I love the sun, the warmth, the memories of freedom. I love wearing short shorts and tank tops. I love letting my dog out at 7 am and feeling a warm breeze rush over my skin. I love the smell of fresh cut grass and the way it feels under my bare feet. I love barbeques. I love driving windows down with my music blaring, it makes me feel cool. I love sunglasses. I love summer. 


So, to cope with the loss of my close friend summer, I have decided to make a list of 7 things that I actually love about fall. 


7. Boots! I like shoes, a lot. And there is something sassy about a good pair of boots.


6. Apple Cider. Maybe it's available all year, but I like to think it isn't. It's fruit with a kick.


5. Heaters. I love the musty smell that leaks out of the vent when the heater first kicks on. I love driving with the windows down and heat blasting (see ode to summer).


4. Candy Corn. Multi-colored, triangular bites of sugar. The layers are so perfectly proportioned. They are good for the soul. 


3. Pumpkin Cookies. Or bread, or pie. Pumpkin as a food is wonderful.


2. Halloween Decorations. It's true that fall includes more than Halloween but there really aren't any good turkey decorations. 


1. Pumpkin Patches. Call me old school but I still enjoy a good trip to the pumpkin patch. A magical wagon takes us to a field of pumpkins looking for good homes. We find one to adopt and then rip it's guts out. But, it wears a smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment